1. Make your potential customers forget about the
competition. Just tell them to forget with a factual
and believable reason why they should.
2. Joint venture with your competition if you can't
beat them. You could agree to work together and
beat the other competition then share the profits.
3. Visit chat rooms were your potential customers
would gather. You can lurk and do market research
or mention your product to people.
4. Make your web site sticky by building a large
directory of web sites your visitors would enjoy.
It saves them precious time searching for them.
5. Start a free-to-join business association from
your web site. Just ask all members to place your
association logo and link on their web site.
6. Make extra revenue for your web site by selling
advertising space on your web site, in your e-zine,
in your free ebooks, on your classified ad site, etc.
7. Switch your marketing plan when your market
dies for your product. Be flexible and redesign your
product for a different market.
8. Make your web site worth revisiting. Give your
visitors original content, free ebooks, information
web site links, free useful software, etc.
9. Build your opt-in e-mail list using an FFA (free
-for-all links page). People can submit links to your
links page and you can send them a thanks e-mail.
10. Reward your customers for giving you product
feedback. It could be discounted products, useful
software, information products, etc.