Monday, March 31, 2008

Discovering your Purpose
By Adenuga Sunday Joseph

We are all different, if you want to be a doctor because your friend is one, you may end your life as a failure. To discover the purpose of God for your life you must be able to answer (with the help of the Holy Spirit) the following questions:
Who am I?
Why am I here?
Where am I coming from and where am I going?
How will I get there
What will I do (or be doing) in order to get there?
You may need some days of prayer and separation from everything else to face these serious questions. Let me give you some important hints that will help you discover yourself.

Your desire: - The Holy Spirit uses our heart to desire those things He wants us to accomplish. This is different from the things that you like. When you like a thing, with the passing of time, you may forget it, but what you desire stays with you, it doesn’t come and go. You can test that thing you feel is your desire by considering some other things, if you find another thing you love more than your first desire, and then the first desire is not the real thing.

Peace: - When you have decided on what you think you want to do as a result of heart desire, you want to check if there is peace deep on the inside of you. When you have peace, the Holy Spirit is the giver of that peace. This peace is a sign of God’s consent; lack of peace is a red sign, stop and pray again.

The assignment from God has with it the people, the resources and the money to make you happy fulfilling that calling. When God gives you a vision to accomplish something, He also provides for the vision. Provision as someone define it, is the funds provided for the VISION. If you are not pursuing a VISION from God, He is not obligated to provide for you. His provision is for vision from the Holy Spirit and pursue it and then see the money rolling in, in millions.
Your daily activities: - You need the guidance of the Holy Spirit in your daily activities; you need Him to teach you to go about things even to the point of what to say at the right time.

When I started the work of the ministry as a full-time Pastor, I knew the ministry should be commissioned and I be ordained as the Pastor in charge. I prayed for God’s guidance, for many months, there seemed to be no response. Then I decided to use wisdom, find a man of God in my own special line of calling, make him my mentor and have him commission the ministry and also ordain me to the Gospel work. I soon discovered one Bishop, I started familiarizing myself with him and was making plans to go and propose to him that he should be the one to commission this ministry and also ordain me. One morning as I was praying, I heard a voice speak to my spirit the word, ‘S. A. ADEGBOYEGA’, I turned to see the person who spoke. It was early morning and my wife was still on bed, I went to her and told her what I heard as I prayed concerning the ordination, did she know anybody by that name, she, like me, could not remember anybody bearing that name. When I got to the office later in the morning, I asked one of my sons in the ministry who had come to visit me if he knows anybody by that name. He told it is Daddy SPAC, the General Overseer of Salvation Proclaimers Anointed Church (SPAC), there and then, I knew that, the G.O. of SPAC would ordain me. Thank God for that encounter with the Holy Spirit, thank God I obeyed, things had not been the same since I met this great man of God. He is my prophet, my father and my mentor. I love him. God has blessed me so much through his laying on of hands upon me and through his prophetic declaration on me. I pray that the Lord will continue to use him for His glory; he will live long in the service of the Lord in Jesus name. Why have I shared this aspect of my life in this book? I share this in other to teach you how to seek the leading of the Holy Spirit in your life. If that Bishop had ordained me, I know, it wouldn’t be as glorious because that’s not the perfect will of God. When you flow in the perfect will of God, it becomes easier to succeed, sweat is reduced, effort is minimal and success is certain. Please, be led, allow the Spirit to have His way.

Read what Jesus said about the Holy Spirit in John 14:26
But the comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said to you.
The Holy Spirit is a gentle man, He doesn’t force His way through, and He only gives to you ideas that can help you to live a better life. When you allow Him to teach you and remind you of the word of God, when you make Him your senior partner, then you will become invincible. You become an unbeatable team (i.e. Himself and you).

One of the reasons why believers die in ghastly motor accident is because many are not sensitive enough to listen to the Holy Spirit. Many were warned by the Holy Spirit in them that they should not travel at that time, they had that ‘check’, that ‘note’ of warning, but they refused to yield. When you refuse to yield to the idea of the Holy Spirit, the end may be accident, death, loss of large sums of money etc.

After my University education and the one-year of Youth Service to my nation, I decided that I would venture into private business rather than working with any organization. With the help of God, I was able to put up a Garri processing plant. I started producing garri, I had all the machines needed for the production of garri in my factory and I was doing well. One day, a man who was my late daddy’s friend came and saw what I was doing; he was both surprised and happy. He promised to help me so that the business will get better. He suddenly came one day, about two weeks later to inform me that the best way to make more money from this business was to transfer the plant to one village near Akanran via Ibadan. I asked him, how can I get more money from a village than from a town? With sweet words and good promises, (e.g. good accommodation, ready made market, constant supply of raw materials – cassava), I decided to transfer the plant to the village contrary to the warning from the Holy Spirit inside me. The Holy Spirit was gently warning me, but I was enticed by the prospects, I had no peace yet I continued because I wanted to be rich in no time. When we got to the village, we didn’t spend up to two months when everything crumbled. The cassava-grating machine got damaged during a whirlwind; all sorts of terrible things began to happen. At the end of the second month, I was back to square one, no money, and no job and started begging to apply for job.

THE LEADING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, don’t play with it, don’t just dare to do anything contrary or else, you will suffer long for it. The most painful aspect of it all was when I heard that man who had taken me to the village tell others that I had not applied wisdom by deciding to come to the village. He did not know that I heard him, my brother Gbenga and I, had to quietly pack our things and leave the village.

Dear reader, don’t dare move until you have the clearance of the Holy Spirit, if you move contrary to what is deep down in your heart, you may end up failing or even dying – be careful. We blame God, we say that God is partial, yet God has put a ‘check’ in our hearts, we ignore the ‘check’, we resist His leading and guidance and yet we want to prosper.
Those who follow the deep-rooted conviction of their hearts are the ones who prosper, because they are the ones who know how to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. As long as you follow Him, you cannot fail, you cannot have accident, you cannot die young.

No comments: