Sunday, April 6, 2008

I Will Never Leave You

By Adenuga Sunday Joseph

God promised us in several places in the Bible, that He will never leave us nor forsake us Heb. 13:5,6. He promised that He is always with us Mathew 28:20b. One of the things that excite me in the goodness on God is the fact that not only is God for me; He is with men and in me and will NEVER leave me alone.

Every child no matter how weak will be very confident in the presence of his father irrespective of the size of the bully around him. God is good, He is with you and in you, He will never forsake you – believe it. Let this knowledge empower you against the devil or any weakness or failure around you. Whenever you come across an uphill task, remember this, God is with you and in you and so you can do all things. God is not partial, He doesn’t love one more than the other. Those who are succeeding only know and practice some truth which if you knew and practiced, you would become as successful as anyone of them.

Why are you afraid? God is with you, He loves you, He is willing and always ready to help you Isaiah 41:10. If you believe that God is with you, then you will be more bold and confident to face any trial or problem of life. Why do people fail in life? It is because many are so fearful and timid. Be bold, God is good, He is with you to do you good. I visited the office of a great man of God sometimes ago; his personal secretary spoke roughly to me and asserted that it was impossible for me to see that great man of God. I remained cool and tried all my best to bring the lady to see reason why I should see the man of God, I pleaded and informed her that I was in that office on appointment but she was determined not to allow me to see the man. I went out of the office to my car, on the way I thought that I couldn’t leave without seeing the man. On impulse, I started speaking in tongues, this was done for about five minutes, and I decided to go back to that same office. You have never seen such change in your life; the secretary welcomed me (to my own surprise) as if we’ve never seen that day. She began to ask after my ministry’s welfare and showed real concern and love for my ministry, she rushed inside to inform the man of God that I was around. She ushered me into the big office as if the nation’s president was coming in. After my discursion with the man of God, he saw me to the secretary’s office; she stood up with respect to say bye to me. In the car, I wondered what had happened. How many people would have left, and make a promise in their hearts never to go back to see the man of God again. To them, the man of God must have ordered his secretary to so behave in other to discourage them from seeing him. They will have grudges against the man of God and his secretary and miss the blessings God intended for them through that great man of God. To my utter surprise, the secretary could not remember that she ever treated me with contempt when I asked later.

Look at Your Problem in the Face.

Be bold, look at your problem eyeball to eyeball and declare that it must move and it will obey you. I told myself, I must see the man of God and I did, I am yet to recover from the blessings God gave me through him. Seeing him that day taught me never to give up until my desire is met. I don’t give up, I get what I go for and I know I have it from the first time I begin to go for it.

I read the story of a gold miner who after investing all his life savings to purchase digging equipments, he went after the gold and soon discover small deposit. He continued, but the traces of gold were no longer found, with a lot of sadness he gave up and sold all the equipments. The new owner sought for expert advice and started digging; he didn’t dig for long before he discovered gold that made him a wealthy man.

Are you about to give up? Do not give up; your miracle is on the way. Gideon was discouraged and fainting yet he kept on pursuing his enemies see Judges 8:4. The bible says if you faint in the day of adversity, they your strength is small.

Friend, the joy of the Lord is your strength, if anybody’s strength is small, it is not you. Why? Because the Lord is your strength, you don’t have to faint or loose heart. Be bold, Abraham was bold having believe that what God had promised, He was able also to perform. See Rom. 4:18-24. Abraham became a friend of God because he believed God’s word; he was not moved by what he felt, or what people were saying or the prevailing circumstances. His faith differentiated him from all others. Do you know that faith is very spiritual? Believing or having faith is a spiritual weapon that touches the very throne of God. When you believe God and take Him at His word, you are literarily operating at the level of God. Faith takes you beyond the ordinary physical realm to the supernatural realm: it makes you a god; it makes you invincible.

When you study Mark 5:24 – 34, you will discover that the woman with the issue of blood was not loved more than all other people who thronged Jesus. They were all touching Him, but nothing happened to any of them, but here comes a woman with faith, an ordinary woman with an extra-ordinary faith who got what she wanted – here healing. What gave her the answer was her faith. That teach me that I can also get whatever I want from Jesus if I can only touch him by faith. I don’t need to see Him and physically touch Him; faith is spiritual and can reach up to Him. I hope you are getting something. Life’s blessings come to people as a result of how much they can believe God. The blessings of God are available to all, only those who understand how to tap them can enjoy them to the fullest; one of the ways to tap them is FAITH in God’s word. The healing was available in Jesus Christ, but this woman drew it out and made it her own only by faith. Wake up and understand.

Going Through Troubles?

Are you going through serious problems and solution seems far from coming to you? Maybe you’ve tried and failed, Doctors have given up on you, the job is not forthcoming, the desired spouse seems far away and you are dying as a single (unmarried) person? Whatever you are going through is designed for your breaking through. The bible says in Rom. 8: 28 that ‘And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them according to His purpose’

All things work together for good. This means all things including your problems, trials, tribulations, weakness and failures. By experience, I know this to be true. Jesus did not promise us a smooth journey but a smooth landing. He told the disciples (after compelling them to get into the boat) to go to the other side. In obedience they were crossing to the other side when this great storm came upon them in the middle of the sea. The fact that God has assigned you to do that thing does not mean you will not encounter trials along the way. Jesus told us in John 16:33
‘… In the world ye shall have tribulations; but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world’
In Psalm 34:19, the bible says
‘Many are the afflictions of the righteous; but the LORD delivereth him out of them all
The truth is, no life is problem free. There is a proverb that says that ‘the rich also cry’, why do they cry if not because of problem. Even God in the beginning had problems and challenges. Read Gen. 1:1,2 ‘In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth; and the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

We gather form here that there was emptiness (void), formlessness and darkness, this suggest hopelessness and this is a very discouraging situation. But our God was not discouraged. God was not moved. Darkness was all over the place yet God was not perturbed. In that chaotic state, God spoke and said, "let there be light" and true to the word, there was light.
Is your life is full of darkness? Speak light into it. Maybe yours is empty of all blessings, speak forth your blessing, like somebody said speak your way to the peak.
In concluding this chapter, I want you to know that you are not the first person to have problems; you will not be the last. God is not partial; the problem has been permitted not to break you but to make you. That is the reason the bible says in Eph. 6: 10-12
"Finally my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against …"

The bible says we are wrestling; we are fighting yet many do not know it, some know it, but do not understand it. That is why Paul said, "fight the good fight of faith". God is good, He is on your side but you must be STRONG not in yourself but in the Lord.

No comments: