By Sunday Joseph Adenuga
We are serving a God of wonders! His words are full of wonders, His acts are all beyond comprehension. He is God indeed, the Omnipotent, the Omniscient and ALMIGHTY; he can do all things. I cannot but wonder at the magnitude of His creation, when I see some mountains and seas, I cannot but wonder at the craftiness and wisdom with which all these things are put together. Consider the vastness of the earth, consider the great natural resources, the animals, the life in the oceans and seas: the fact that the Almighty God made all these things for His pleasure. The North America is so big, I do not think one man can travel the length and breadth of it on foot in one year, not to talk about traveling the whole wide world on foot in a life time . No wonder the Bible says in Ecclesiastes 3:11,
"He hath made everything beautiful in His time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end".
His wonders are so numerous that no man can find out ALL of His great works in the land of the living. When you consider the stars in their numbers; the fact that we have more than one hundred million galaxies of stars and each galaxy of stars contains more than one hundred billion stars. The milky way is the galaxy that the sun of our solar system belongs have more than one hundred billion stars, the sun is just one of those stars. There are many stars in the galaxy that are far bigger than the sun, and yet the sun is many times bigger than our earth. All these things are created by the Almighty God. This knowledge should make you fear God the more: it should drive you to want to know Him more: it should drive you to love Him more that He still count you worthy to be created in His own image.
let's take a look at some of the great wonders God had performed among the sons of men in days gone by to appreciate some of the claims I am making in this write-up.
1. God rained down a type of bread called manna from heaven for the people of Israel for about forty years see Exodus 16:14. When you consider the fact that one of the physical laws of nature states that matter is neither created nor destroyed and in a way it is absolutely true as far as the physical world is concerned, even the Bible confirms this law in the book of Ecclesiastes 3:15. God had to suspend this law by creating matter out of nothingness, He gave them bread from heaven an action which no man can explain scientifically; an action which defiles logic of any sort.
2. He is the God that answered by fire to honor Elijah His servant at Mount carmel see 2kings 18:30-39. Elijah had earlier asked that a lot of water be put into the sacrifice, yet the fire licked up the water. No science can explain the falling down of fire from heaven, an effect without a cause other than prayer. This should teach you that prayer is the greatest cause that can produce the greatest effect in this life. With the cause of prayer there was the effect of fire from on high, truly He is the God of wonders.
3. Jesus fed five thousand men excluding women and children with only five loaves and two fishes, and they were able to gather remnants that fill up twelve baskets. What a God of wonders. Read the whole story in John 6:5-12
4. Peter and John healed a man born lame see Acts 3:1-10. They met him on their way to the beautiful Temple at Jerusalem and offered him not silver or gold but the name of Jesus Christ which never stopped working wonders. The result was glorious, the man began to walk, and leap and praise God. There was no way anybody could afford not to notice the miracles, even their greatest critiques agreed that it was an undeniable miracle. The God of wonders is still around; He is the same yesterday, today and forever more, and he can do a miracle in your life even now.
5. Paul raised a dead man named Eutychus see Acts 20:7-12
I can mention many instances of God's wonders and miracles in the lives of ordinary people in this world. God have privileged us to see many modern day miracles. Miracles are still happening today and I pray that you will experience one even now.
Watch out for part two where I intend to go deeper into the wonders of God.