By Adenuga Sunday Joseph
Miracle is the supernatural intervention of God in the ordinary course of life; it is beyond human calculations, predictions and manipulations. No science of any sort can explain it is God at work, it defiles logic or reasoning, it beats every human imagination.
Miracle is different from magic because magic employs the use of the mind, hallucinations and illusions, you can study and learn the art of magic. Magic follows a certain pattern of occurrence but miracle does not. Nobody can study or fully understand how a miracle happens, when it will happen and the pattern it will take. This is so because the miracle of healing one blind man may be very different from how it will occur in healing another blind man in the same venue of occurrence.
You can understand the workings of magic but nobody can understand the workings of a true miracle. This is true because God Himself alone is the One that works miracles, but magic is worked by man, it is a science and as I mentioned earlier, anyone can learn to become a magician.
Bible examples of miracles
If you read 11Kings 4: 1-7, you will learn about the story of a widow woman whose husband, the breadwinner died untimely and was heavily indebted to her husband’s creditors who threatened to take away her sons, the collaterals that were used in obtaining the loans. This woman cried to the man of God, Elisha who performed the miracle of multiplication of oil. This was a miracle no science of this day can explained, it was supernatural, and you can’t beat that.
Jesus attended a wedding at Cana of Galilee, the wine got finished, they needed a miracle fast, and the story is in John 2: 3-11. The miracle of all miracles happened when Jesus Christ the son of the Living God turned water into wine before their very eyes, can you beat that?
11Kings 6:25-30, 7:1, 2, 16-20. We read here the situation in Samaria when there was a very severe famine or inflation, it was difficult to survive, and people were already killing their children and eating them as food because of the severity of the lack in the entire nation. Suddenly the man of God, Elisha declared that, “by this time of tomorrow, there shall be surplus in the land, people thought that he was crazy, but it happened because God Himself was the One involved in working that miracle.
The Bible is full of occurrences of miracles, read your Bible and see God in action. I have experienced many miracles, God have used me many times to perform unimaginable miracles. God have used me, by merely asking me to speak words of authority into some situations and I have seen God work His wonders. I have seen so many barren women conceive and gave birth to children, my friend, miracles are real, they still occur. You can witness a miracle in your life too; the starting point is to give your life to the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. It is as simple as that.
Importance of miracles:
Miracles are very important to accomplish God’s work in this world to convince the gainsayers and those in doubt that God is real. Some will not believe if they do not see miracles. Miracle can deliver to your hand what you may have been struggling to achieve for many years without success. Miracle is a sign that God is with us, it is very important to silence the onslaught of the devil or enemies; it keeps their mouths shut because it is a stamp of God’s approval upon our lives.
How to enjoy the flow of the miraculous:
• Note that miracles happens in the atmosphere of worship, to experience miracles, you must cultivate the habit of constantly worshiping the Lord in your church and in your privacy.
• Loving the Lord with all your heart causes a wave of miracles to begin to happen in your life and ministry. Our Lord Jesus Christ said we should seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all other things shall be added to us.
• Study of the word of god with understanding in the spirit brings about the workings of miracles see John 1: 1-5, 14 the word of god is the work of God, it is the miracle of God. God commanded us to attend to His word see Proverbs 4: 20-23
• Purposeful personal prayer life creates a life full of the miraculous; prayer gives us a voice in the heavens, and gives us respect in the kingdom of darkness. Prayer produces power; a prayerful Christian is a powerful Christian.
• Faith is a very important ingredient in performing any miracle on earth, have faith in God. Faith believes the word of God, it is also working according to the word of God. Faith calls those things that are not as though they were Romans 4: 17-22. Faith says God has done it, or I have it now, or I am rich or blessed. As a matter of fact, faith sees beyond the NOW.