Saturday, September 20, 2008

ENJOYING GOD'S PRESENCE

By Adenuga Sunday Joseph.

God is a spirit. He operates in the spirit realm. The Spirit realm is what I refer to here as the realms of the supernatural. He wants people (and especially you) to worship Him in spirit and in truth (John. 4:23). He desires constant fellowship with you, constant, communion, and constant praying in the spirit. Let’s examine the ministry of Moses. Exodus 20:21.
“And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was”. You need to stay in God’s presence, people stood afar off, and Moses drew near to where God was. Remember Peter in Mark 14:54
“And Peter followed Him (Jesus) afar off …”. You need to follow Him intimately and closely. You need to enter into His presence and just forget about time, enjoy His presence.

I remember a time, I was praying in the spirit after I had received the baptism of the Holy Ghost. I was just there (in my room, where I was praying) speaking in an unknown language, I had lost the sense of time and my heart was totally enjoying the presence of Jesus. Suddenly, I began to sense the presence of heavenly beings in my room (even though I was no longer conscious of my surroundings) I began to sense the Holy presence of Jesus Christ (I mean physical presence). You know, I felt somewhat afraid at a point, and then I quickly opened my eyes. On the inside of me, I heard the Holy Spirit saying “You are in my presence, so do not be afraid”. I became overwhelmed by the presence of the Lord. In His presence, you don’t hurry, you don’t rush, and you focus on Him alone. You forget every appointment or date you may be having with any mortal, because you are in the most important appointment.
You forget every other thing and allow the Holy Spirit to communicate with you. I know in the beginning, it might not be easy, your mind might wonder from coast to coast. Do not be discouraged, focus your mind on his word while you are in His presence and you shall receive mighty visitation from heaven.

I can understand the reason why the people (of Israel) stood afar off in the scripture (Exodus. 20:21). Sin will cause you not to be free to move closely with Him, you also read the case of Peter. Sin is the only impediment that will make you to follow the Lord afar off. When an angel suddenly appears to you, you can be afraid because he is holy and you’re not. Hence Moses drew nearer to God, he went into the thick darkness where God was.

The people ran away from God’s presence thinking they would die but Moses was not satisfied with seeing periphery manifestation of God’s spirit, he wanted to get deep into God. He wanted to get to the higher realm.

From today onwards, decide to have a time in the day when you consciously walk into the presence of God. Have a fun filled day.

No comments: